I was listening to the Happier podcast and Gretchen Rubin was talking about a little thing she does each year, which is to make a list of things she’d like to do (with the list number corresponding to the year number).
I thought that was pretty cute and wrote up my own 19 for 2019 without thinking too hard about it, so I’d get a list that was kinda… “of the moment.” I’ve done a couple already!
- 24 books / read habit
- Eat more plants
Try the local farmers’ market
- Choose a home renovator
- Get a cool cubby house
- Consider something for kids to climb too
- Journal habit / write habit
- Sketchbook habit / art habit
- 12 new classes / workshops
- Choosing to enjoy life everyday*
- Be more eco friendly
- Make house even nicer e.g. no clutter
- Be less sedentary / daily walk
- Ballet posture
- Meet new people
- Play an instrument
- Clear inbox**
- Less computer time
(And there was space left on the paper so I wrote “celebrate / luxuriate / appreciate” at the end – which are all to do with the “Choosing to enjoy life everyday” one)
* “Choosing to enjoy life everyday” is hard to explain. It’s not “choosing to be happy,” it’s more like a combination of “use the good china” and “spend out” and “live a little” and “because you’re worth it™️” and “YOLO”
** “Clear inbox” refers to a real, live, overflowing inbox next to my desk, full of papers. Not my email. My email is fine!